Eyelid and Facial Skin Cancer Overview
What Are My Treatment Options for Eyelid Skin Cancer?
- Surgery: eyelid cancer surgery is often the best option for treating eyelid cancer. Depending on the size, location, and type of eyelid cancer, surgery may involve removing the cancerous tissue along with a small amount of healthy tissue surrounding it.
- Radiation therapy: this treatment uses high energy beams to destroy cancer cells. Radiation therapy is often used in conjunction with surgery or as a follow-up treatment after surgery.
- Chemotherapy: this eyelid cancer treatment uses drugs to kill cancer cells. For eyelid cancer, chemotherapy typically is only topical, providing a lighter treatment experience.
Should I Get Treatment?
- Growth on the eyelid (colored red, brown, or black
- The appearance of broken skin that does not heal
- Change in texture and feel of the eyelid skin
- Chronic infection of the affected skin
- Eyelashes falling out
- Swelling or thickening of the skin or eyelids
Eyelid Skin Cancer Before & Afters
Eyelid Skin Cancer Recovery and Results
Most patients report excellent results after eyelid cancer surgery and other treatments. In some cases, you may experience temporary side effects such as swelling, bruising, and numbness. These side effects are usually mild and will resolve on their own over time. We will provide you with an expected outcome timeline based on your individual treatment plan.
After your eyelid skin cancer treatment, it’s important to take care of your eyelids and skin. This means using sunscreen, wearing sunglasses, and avoiding direct sunlight as much as possible. Dr. Sohrab will give you specific instructions on how to care for your eyelids after treatment to keep them in good health in the coming years.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Dr. Sohrab and her team are ready to do our part in keeping your eyelids cancer free. Call us or use our online form to set up your consultation for treating eyelid skin cancer in Greenwich. At your consultation, you can learn more about the eyelid treatment process and see our before-and-after photos to see just how successful your outcome can be. Contact us today to get started on treating facial skin cancer in Greenwich.