What Is Lower Blepharoplasty?
What Is the Procedure Like?
Lower Eyelid Surgery
- Look more alert and refreshed
- Reduce or remove under-eye bags and dark circles
- Achieve a more youthful expression overall
- Option to combine with other procedures for enhanced rejuvenation
- Long-lasting results
- A personalized treatment experience
Am I a Candidate for Lower Blepharoplasty?
- Currently be in good overall health
- Coming in with healthy expectations and goals
- Avoiding smoking before and after your procedure (to reduce the risk of complications)
- Currently not have any eye or eyelid infections
What Is the Recovery Process?
Lower eyelid surgery targets a small area, but it is still important to give your body the care and time it needs to fully recover. Remember: a smoother recovery means better results in the long run. That is why we generally recommend patients start with about 1-2 weeks of downtime, using this time to rest and avoid any strenuous activity. After your procedure, it is normal to experience some swelling, bruising, and pain. But we work with you to provide medical prescriptions and care tips to manage all of these until they subside.
It is also normal for patients to come in for a follow-up visit before returning totheir daily routines. Dr. Sohrab will check on your healing progress and let you know what you can start doing again. We are also always happy to provide additional answers to questions or information at any point in your recovery. Simply give us a call and we will be glad to help in any way we can.
When Can I See Results?
Lower eyelid surgery provides immediate, complex changes to the lower eye area. And once you see your final results, you can enjoy your rejuvenated appearance for years to come. But be sure to follow our care suggestions and enjoy healthy habits to get the most out of your results.
Most patients can begin seeing their results within a few weeks as the swelling subsides. Still, it can take months to a year for swelling to completely resolve, after which you can see your final and full results. While aging can continue, healthy habits and good facial care can help you preserve your results well into the future.